- The California Department of Justice has recently alluded to the AR MAGLOCK solution being compliant with the new laws SB 880 / AB 1135 and their newly proposed regulations (which have recently been withdrawn but will probably be exactly the same when reposted) in regards to what they constitute as “disassembly of the firearm action”. Please click below and read section (n) for proof:
DOJ Regulations: Department of Justice AR MAGLOCK Compliance Confirmation
Although this product falls within the laws as written, this is not yet a California Department of Justice approved product BY NAME. We are working on official written confirmation of approval BY NAME through our attorneys. However, we formally hired a California firearms attorney to analyze the AR MAGLOCK, it’s design and patent to ensure it is in compliance with the California firearms laws as they are written. See here for more information.
- Although this product falls within the NY Safe laws as written, this is not a New York State Police state Attorney General, or any NY authority approved product. We are working on official written confirmation of approval through our attorneys.
- Although this product falls within the laws as written, this is product has not been approved by any state, county, city or municipal law enforcement agency or regulation body within any of the United States, including Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, Illinois, Hawaii, or any other thereof.
- It’s the purchasers responsibility to know the current firearm laws and regulations in their state, county, city and municipality. Be familiar with all of your local and state laws / regulations before installing this product!
- AR MAGLOCK and its parent company are not held responsible for your understanding or interpretation of the laws and regulations.
- AR MAGLOCK and its parent company cannot be held responsible for personal injury, death, or property damage from inaccurate assembly, misuse, illegal use, or modification of this product.
- Use responsible and safe handling of your firearm at all times.
- NOT to be used with magazines greater than 10 rounds capacity.
- Any cartridge misfires (jams), misfeeds, stovepipes and any other firing malfunctions need to be cleared by a certified firearms gunsmith. User agrees not to attempt to clear a misfire, cartridge jam, stovepipe or any other malfunction by opening the firearm action during a misfire. AR MAGLOCK and its parent company cannot be held responsible for any injury due to user manipulation of the firearm due to malfunction. See our Terms of service for more information.
- We will not answer legal questions under any circumstances as we have no legal education or experience. For questions regarding firearm configuration, circumstances, and/or any potential criminal exposure, please contact an experienced local firearm attorney. Most will give you free advice on these items during their initial consultation.
- This literature is for informational purposes only.